I’ve taken a much needed hiatus from the blog project because:
- I feel like I’ve become a conformist
- I’ve become way too dependent on the list and I think the train of thought isn’t very happy with me. That would probably explain why “he” (because I’ve decided that my train is male and I’ve named him Chuck) now refuses to make his usual stops in Lala Land aka my head.
- I feel like I’ve been blocking a lot of the real stuff out because I’ve been concentrating too much on the blog project.
- I’ve been preoccupied (enough said)
Having said that, I’d like to give you guys my two cents worth on some topics that I personally found quite interesting this past week.
I’ve decided to start a new segment on my blog. Since I don’t really enjoy droning on and on about every single thing I do every day (this is supposing you actually enjoy reading stuff like that which is something I highly doubt) I thought I’d just take time out to highlight the best parts of each week as well as make a note of the craziest and most random thoughts that pop up every day. So… Here we go…
Aside from watching a couple almost get run over by a bus because they were making out in the middle of the street (true story,) here’s this weeks’ rundown of:
THE STUFF THAT MATTERS!
- MONDAY BLUES
- If you randomly start humming “Rainy Days and Mondays” by The Carpenters on the train, someone’s bound to continue the song (this ALWAYS happens when I do it.)
- If you want some really cool tips on singing, I got one for ya! Stick a pen in your mouth (Not like a lollipop! Bite it sideways oh smart one) and practice singing like that. It lifts your cheeks and forces you to really work the muscles in your face (you may think it’s not a big deal but those face muscles can make or break you)
- TO THE RANDOM TRAIN GUY: When you fart on the train or in any crowded place, singing Circle of Life loudly doesn’t help take the attention away from you Sweetie. Whoever told you otherwise doesn’t like you very much.
- TUESDAY HURRAYS
- Contrary to what other people say, cheap breakfasts don’t always have to be nasty. Just make sure you know where to go. 🙂
- When a fluffy ass girl with an attitude problem picks a fight with one of your bestest friends, sock her in the gut MENTALLY(because really, we’re civilized people here) and quietly mumble a jinx ala Harry Potter (because it just sounds so cool and so mystical.) There’s a 99.9% chance that jinx won’t work but if you look AWESOME doing it… C’est la vie! 😀
- Paper bags are lifesavers. A friend of mine hyperventilates when she gets upset so that paper bag becomes more important to her than gravity!
- When you have to choose between walking under the heat of the sun to buy food or starving to death, you should seriously just plop down on the ground and start sobbing OR look for a kindhearted soul who will buy your food for you! 🙂
- WEDNESDAY HEYS
- Kids really do say the darnest things! I ran into a little girl on the street while jogging (yes, I jog now because I don’t want to waste my running shoes,) and she looks up at me and says “Are you the fairy godmother from Cinderella?” 😀
- When giving a baby boy a bath, make sure your head is angled at a considerably higher position. The water that shoots out from his direction may not be bath water. Trust me when I say, bath water is so much better than the alternative. 😛
- Watching a couple of episodes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S makes the world stop until there’s just YOU, Chandler, Monica, Ross, Rachel, Phoebe and Joey. After the show, you fade back into reality and realize that the world is no longer as horrible as it was an hour and a half ago. 😀
- THURSDAY SURPRISES
- Has the word SORRY become obsolete for some people?! I swear to the high heavens… there are people that feel like the world owes them a favor. They think that when they screw up it’ll eventually just blow over and the moment will pass. Well I hate to be the one to break it to you buddy but, if that’s the way you think, I guess your parents lied when they told you you were human because that’s just not the way things work here ON EARTH.
- Sometimes long walks under the heat of the sun is the only way you can separate the regular friends from those that are AMAZING! 😀
- First love never dies, True or False? My friend Miko emphatically replies that this statement is true (with matching head snap and dynamic gestures), I’m still on the rocks when it comes to this, seeing as I can’t even remember if I’ve had an actual first love (I’ll let you know as soon as I work it out,) and my other friend Val just rolls her eyes and says she has yet to fall in love.
- When invited to a pre-birthday celebration with friends, it’s always a good move to say YES (especially when your friends are pretty wholesome and totally AWESOME.) You never know what you’re going to miss so it’s best that you’re there to experience everything firsthand. 🙂
- When your slightly drunk friend is smoking her lungs out, steer clear! That cigarette is deadly in more ways than one.
- Girl time in the parking lot is a great way to put gossip to rest and get some facts straightened out.
- When you know something good is about to happen (aka your friend comes home from the US and plans to surprise his girlfriend,) don’t go running off to the bathroom to pee. HOLD IT IN!!! Chances are, you’ll miss the whole thing (my best friend Jade did! Hahaha. 😀 )
- FRIDAY HEAT
- There are times when car air-conditioning just won’t cut it. Instead of it feeling like a cool breeze blowing from Utopia, it ends up becoming little gusts of steam from the mouth of a volcano (I wish I were kidding but, I’m not!)
- When having to deal with somebody you strongly dislike but can’t really ignore, put up a brave face and take one for the team.
- TO THE STUDENT WHO THINKS HE CAN FLY: When there’s a barricade of sorts in the middle of the sidewalk, don’t go all Superman-ish and decide to jump the thing. It’s there for a reason genius. Chances are, there’s a huge ditch right smack in the middle and you fall into dirty sewage water (which is exactly what happened.)
- There’s this thing we Filipinos call THE TRICYCLE. Now I don’t really know how they do it but, this magical little vehicle fits 7 people (give or take) plus the driver.
So that’s about it for my very first “STUFF THAT MATTERS” entry. Here’s to hoping you guys picked up a couple of things.
It wasn’t a perfect week but it was MY week just the same. I am thankful EVERY SINGLE DAY for all the blessings that constantly come my way and for all the simple joys that pop up at the most unexpected moments.
I promise I’ll get back to doing the blog project soon. I just thought this would be a fun thing to write about so I broke the usual pattern. 🙂
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own.
And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.”