My mind still refuses to shut down so, instead of postponing the entry for Day 4 (which was my original plan,) I’ve decided to delay my before bedtime shower program (appropriately label as such because I sing and dance in the shower,) plop down on the wooden stool in front of the laptop (which isn’t very comfortable mind you) and think up a couple of witty (fingers crossed) remarks for this particular entry. 🙂
After forgiving myself for all my shortcomings, I now have to turn towards forgiving other people for all the “pain” they’ve caused me (on purpose or otherwise.)
I’m generally a forgiving person but I must admit, I never really forget. That can probably be considered a fault to some extent because there are times when I tend to bring back those aching feelings of hurt and betrayal. I don’t really act on it but sometimes the feelings do resurface. I know it’s wrong but sometimes you just can’t suppress them.
This post seems like the perfect opportunity to lighten the load. There are still some things I know I won’t be able to let go of (or refuse to let go of. I have yet to decide) but there are some that have reached their limit and should be sent back to the past where they belong.
NOTE: No names shall be mentioned because:
- I’d rather not piss people off.
- It’ll dig up memories that have already been buried.
- I have absolutely no desire to make new frenemies.
Having said that, I shall now start my list. Just so we’re clear, I’ve also decided to make this entry my VERY LAST rant. By the time I type those last few words, all will be completely forgiven. I PROMISE!!!
- I forgive the people who’ve squeezed an apology out of me even though I didn’t really do anything wrong.
- I forgive those who’ve told me half truths and full lies. (Some to my face, others behind my back)
- I forgive the people who look down on me and think that I’m not good enough to breathe the same air they do. (Sorry to have to be the one to tell you but, unless you move to Jupiter or some other planet, breathing the same air is unavoidable.)
- I forgive the person who suddenly decided to give up on me and as a result, caused me so much self-doubt. (Yes Queen of the Night, I’m talking about YOU!)
- I forgive the people who have forgotten that friendship isn’t just a one-sided thing.
- I forgive the people who were so quick to judge me even if they had yet to actually meet me and get to know me.
- I forgive the people who have decided to listen and believe stupid rumors instead of actually finding out the truth.
Now I know what some of you must be thinking… Is she even serious about the whole forgiving thing?! The answer would be YES. I promised I’d let it go and I have. 🙂
“Sincere forgiveness isn’t colored with expectations that the other person apologize or change. Don’t worry whether or not they finally understand you. Love them and release them. Life feeds back truth to people in its own way and time.”
– Sara Paddison
With that I bid you adieu and goodnight! CHEERS!!! 😀